Looking For Outside General Counsel?
Most business owners know that litigation, lawsuits, legal notices, subpoenas, demand letters and other legal problems are not exclusively limited to Fortune 500 companies. While larger companies have staffed departments to handle these legal issues, smaller business are left to rely on themselves or engage an attorney without fully understanding the risks, time and costs involved. As a result, many small businesses spend countless hours away from what they do best — running their businesses.
Save Valuable Time
Allowing Dinn Hochman & Potter, LLC, to act as your outside general counsel gives you many of the benefits of a legal department without the need to hire additional and costly staff members. As outside general counsel we provide guidance on:
- Employment, human resource, and wage and hour issues
- Employee contracts/noncompete agreements
- Regulatory oversight and compliance involving governmental agencies
- Organizing, managing and overseeing litigation, including oversight of outside counsel on high-exposure litigation
- Providing uniform and cohesive defense strategies on highly repeatable litigation
- Serving as outside regional counsel
- Reviewing and responding to subpoenas
- Reviewing contracts
- Advising on key business growth issues
- Raising capital
- FLSA, FMLA, ERISA, ADA, workers’ Compensation compliance
- Lending law compliance, i.e. TILA, RESPA, FCRA, FDCPA, ECOA, HOEPA, FHA, CFPB, pay day lending laws
Further, an outside general counsel can also assist with hiring other counsel who specialize in a particular field of law (i.e. environmental, securities, workers compensation, etc.) if the matter cannot be handled in-house.
Resources Are Available Now
Our lawyers offer many different options for engagement such as hourly, monthly retainer or fixed fee arrangements to suit your business needs.