Andrew J. Yarger
Andrew is an experienced litigator focused on resolving business disputes. Andrew assisted in representing a court appointed receiver in connection with one of the largest securities fraud cases in Ohio and obtained a settlement of $10.5 million from a national bank on behalf of victims of securities fraud, he assisted in reinstating a $15.6 million jury verdict for an asphalt manufacturer against one of the country’s largest aggregate companies, represented the largest steel foundry in North American in disputes with national manufacturers, and handled commercial and private banking foreclosures for a national bank.
Areas of Practice
- Commercial litigation
- Real estate
- Labor and Employment
- Intellectual property
- Appellate litigation
- Profession responsibility
- Risk management and compliance
- Ohio, 2010
- Supreme Court of Ohio
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- Ohio Super Lawyers, Ohio Rising Star, 2016 – 2020
- Cleveland State University, Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, Cleveland, Ohio
- J.D. - 2010
- Honors: Member of the National Moot Court Team, and Moot Court Board of Governors. Best Oralist of the 41st Annual Cleveland Marshall Moot Court Night
- Kalamazoo College
- B.A. in English Literature and Political Science 2007 - 2007
- Honors: Awarded Honors for Senior Thesis. Awarded Honors for Comprehensive Exams in Political Theory
- Université des Sciences Humaines de Strasbourg , Strasbourg
- Assisted in obtaining a $15.6 million jury verdict for an asphalt manufacturer against one of the country’s largest aggregate companies and assisted in reinstating verdict on appeal to the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Assisted in obtaining verdict of $2 million on behalf of the largest steel foundry in North American in connection with account receivable for train car components purchased in bankruptcy.
- Obtained judgment of $4.86 million against Chinese manufacturer of defective gearbox components for windmill turbines.
- Assisted in obtaining jury verdict of $744,602 for improperly withheld proceeds from the sale of apartment complexes.
- Successfully defended shareholder’s claim that several stock purchase agreements were obtained through fraud, removed complaining shareholders, and restructured companies.
- Assisted in obtaining jury verdict of $315,000 for company’s improper breach of employment agreement.